All rights reserved.
Getting Ready For Your Home Inspection
Click here for
In order to get the most out of your inspection, we recommend that you make sure that everything and everyone is ready.
Following this short checklist will assure a smooth and thorough inspection.
- Not everything that is found in the inspection can adequately be described in
a written report. It is very important that the client accompany the inspector as he inspects each part
of the home. If this is not possible, they need to have a representative present. Comfortable, casual clothes should be
worn. You will be entering such areas as the attic and crawlspace if such spaces exist.
- Allow between two and four hours for a complete inspection.
- Make sure the property owner is contacted and that we will have access during the appointed time.
- The security system, if any, needs to be turned off.
- All keys, access codes and combinations for all areas, garage doors, cabinets, closets, attics, crawl spaces, etc. must be available.
- All building services such as electricity, gas and water must be on.
- All systems such as heating, air conditioning (if the temperature is above 65)
and water heater need to be turned on with pilot lights, if any, lit.
- The property owner should verify that there are no stored items, boxes or
furniture that blocks access to the electrical panel, water meter, gas
meter, heating and air conditioning units, water heater, access panels,
laundry room, attic, crawl space and foundation. Sinks, basins, tubs, showers, dish
washers, washing machines and dryers should be empty.
- The inspection report is prepared for the exclusive use of the client. The client may order additional copies
of the written report sent to other persons. Please let us know beforehand how many
copies will be required and to whom they are to be sent.
- If the inspection appointment needs to be postponed or cancelled, please call us
at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
- The contract will need to be signed and fee paid before the inspection begins.
- Please call if there are any questions regarding your home inspection.
Schedule your Home Inspection now
All work and no play? Check out SCUBA Diving with Captain Dale’s